Dailies Contact Lenses: Are They Right for You?
Choosing vision correction lenses is a personal decision, which is why you should talk to an eye doctor if you are considering Dailies contact lenses. Not only do you need to consult with an optometrist regarding the right prescription for your eyes, but you also need to consider how these lenses will be worn.
Some people don’t mind wearing glasses. On the other hand, some people don’t like the look of glasses on their face. If you decide that contact lenses are the right solution for your needs, then your optometrist can provide recommendations regarding the fit, style, and brand of lenses you can wear. The Dailies brand is a popular choice, and it’s easy to see why many people like these lenses.
Why Dailies Contact Lenses?
Here are some of the reasons why patients choose the Dailies brand of contact lenses:
- Advanced Technology: Every lens is designed using the latest technology in the eyecare industry, ensuring exceptional comfort and vision correction results.
- Comfort: Dailies contact lenses are water gradient, which makes them more comfortable compared to other types of contact lenses. Moisture is distributed through your eye with every blink. Wear them all day long without worrying about uncomfortable, dry eyes at the end of the day.
- Astigmatism: One of the benefits of Dailies Contact Lenses is that they can be used by people with astigmatism. When the front area of the eye is shaped like a football, it means you have astigmatism and it can affect your eyesight. Specialty contact lenses might be needed depending on the severity of astigmatism. It’s great to enjoy daily disposable contact lenses that work with the unique shape of your eyes.
- Multifocal: Just because you need multifocal vision correction, doesn’t mean that you are consigned to wearing glasses. Dailies contact lenses multifocal features allow you to see things both near and far, making it easy to move throughout your day without taking your glasses on and off all the time.
- Cleanliness: Rest assured that you are using sterile contact lenses every morning, which is important for reducing the risk of eye infection. There is no need for disinfection solutions when you are using a new pair of contact lenses every day.
Daily or Monthly Contact Lenses?
When choosing contact lenses, you need to consider your lifestyle. Are you a person who is consistent about brushing your teeth and washing your face every night before bed? Then monthly contact lenses might be a good fit because you will be able to maintain the nightly cleaning routine that is required.
On the other hand, people who aren’t consistent with their bedtime routine might do better with daily disposable contact lenses. These products are used for the day, then tossed in the trash before bed.
Whether you choose contact lenses dailies vs. monthly, you can enjoy the benefits of vision correction. They work in the same way to correct your vision. The differences lie in the length of time each pair of contact lenses is used, as well as the care that is required for cleaning and storing them at night.
Talk to a Local Optometrist in Chicago
Whether you are considering dailies contact lenses for astigmatism, or you would like to discuss other contact lens products available, our team is here to assist. Call today to schedule a contact lens fitting and exam.